Gecko drives and EMC

Hi,

Seems I have returned to EMC again after a few months away ..

So ... time has passed but the problems remain the same :)

I'm still trying to drive some Gecko drives and stepper motors to a decent
performance with EMC.  The Gecko's are the 'microstepping' flavour (for a
variety of reasons I need the fine control/smoothness of microstepping) ...
the motors are produce good torque up to around 2Khz ... thus I need a 20Khz
step pulse train into the drivers to reallise this potential.

We've had this discussion before and it was consdiered even with a fast
(1.2ghz+) cpu, 20khz would be pushing it.  That still the perceived wisdom?

and ... if that is the case, what should I do? ... did Jon Elson get that
gecko drive board finished ? .. is it available for sale to Europe?

best regards ...

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited