Re: nonrealtime and RedHat 8

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 08:18, Ray Henry wrote:

> Hey Compilers,  is there any way to do this?
>
> > Hi Henry,
> >              Is there any way to get emc running purely in simulation
> > mode in a "normal" unpatched redhat 8.0 system ?
>
> Seems to me that all the calls to realtime libs would get in the way.
>
> Ray

I believe that

cd rcslib/src
make PLAT=linux NO_RTL=1
cd ../../emc/src
make PLAT=linux NO_RTL=1
cd ..
./sim.run

should build and run the simulation on a non-patched system.

NOTE: You probably need to get the CVS version  of EMC so that it links
librcs.so with
g++ -shared, which is a change required for RedHat 8 regardless of
whether the system has an RTAI or RTL patch or not.

If you try it and it doesn't work, send me the errors and I think it
should be simple enough to work out.

-- Will