Re: how do I start EMC automatically at login

in your home directory - create a file called
.xinitrc

it needs two lines

#!/bin/sh
tkemc

perhaps a change directory before the tkemc.
The file probably should be executable

chmod +x .xinitrc

Make sure you have another accouunt available to administer the box
from before doing this.

you could also make the box shut down on the line following tkemc
if required.

john