Re: CANOpen and EMC

From: "Till Franitza" <xfa-at-isw.uni-stuttgart.de>

> Hi!
> This should be possible. A student of mine has done something similar. Our
> Drive controller sends interrupts to the emc to tell it needs new values.
So
> the emc is not sceduled by time but interupt driven.
> Our Bus protocol is less interesting than CANOpen. A CANOpen-Interface
would
> be a nice thing to add to emc. I can help you out with information. The
> application of my student is running, i think. I will get his
documentation
> soon.
> Till

Wow, great. I was thinking that one of the big issues would be whether or
not the existing code can be used with a message based control architecture.
What your student has done using interrupts sounds very promising. I have
not dug real deep into the EMC documentation but it would seem possible to
collect things such as position and velocity data into a structure for i/o
of CAN messages.

Speaking of documentation I wanted to ask the group about places to look for
more detailed info (beyond what is on the website) short of reading the
source code. Suggestions?

Danke!