Re: STG and Parallel Port

Another easy to get a signal is to hook two diodes in parallel, back to back,
you will get a form of square wave signal, I have used this in the past and
it works well.  The voltage does not change much with changes in motor
current drawn.  Use diodes large enough to pass starting current, plus a
safety factor.

 We used it to monitor air conditioners in a plant that were getting stolen
regularly, unplug it when the fan was running, and they were on

bill
CCED

                  I                 I