Re: Multiple syncronized spindle question.

I see I need to explain the concept on the synched spindles a bit better.  Years ago. (1980s, Fanuc 6MB days) I ran a a Matsuura 760 twin spindle. In order to make two parts you had to have two of each tools of identical diameters, (simple enough) and identical lengths (getting more difficult), the fixtures had to be exactly the height or the tool lengths needed to be adjusted during the setup, (adding more things now). and finally, the spindles which were joined in a common casting, would grow as they ran due to different temps and expansion.  The idea I had concerning this would be to take a pair or more of the fairly common Bridgeport CNC heads and see if the individual heads could have offsets for each tool change, allowing a less precise tool length adjustment or allow for changing tools and offsets during the run. This would also make it easier to make offline tool length settings. If each head/quill has its own ! settings, but the group of heads/quills move through their z travel in unison, creating multiple parts with different length tooling.