Re: Position counter stop updating....Still there....

Hi Babar,

I think you should first locate that which of the stg-2 board i/o lines are causing this problem.

Take the following steps:

1- Disconnect all i/o (encoders, d/a, a/d and any of the 32bits i/o) lines from the stg-2.

2-Connect the used bits 32 bits i/o to the required logic level by short links on the connectors.

3-Run the emc.

4-Connect one of the encoder with the stg-2 and move the associated motor manually or by

a 12V car battery. Check all the encoder same way and check for any noise on the counters.

5-Connect d/a output one by one and check the counters again.

6-Connect the used bits of i/o one by one and check the counters again.

I hope this will indicate the actual source of problem. This could be due to a faulty component

or inter connecting wires.

Nasir

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines