Re: Glass scales

Dave Engvall wrote:

> I'm using an stg-I and patiently waiting for something to test.
> If you have a tarball or whatever I might be able to download and compile.
> As usual I'm a little short on resources. E-mail is on a Mac that can burn
> CD's but I don't think I have cvs support. Can always download a tarball and
> burn on CD then sneakernet to a real machine. (linux).

I think I can do better than that.  I should be able to just send you about 5
files (in a tarball, that's fine) and it should run on most newer BDI installs.
You'd need ppmc.run, ppmc.ini, the right ppmcmod.o,  ppmcio, ppmctask.
I think that's it.  I'll have to check the run file to make sure I'm remembering
all the files.  You should be able to just add these to any recent BDI and
it should work.  I have added some diagnostics that write into the
kernel log file /var/log/messages about finding the individual PPMC boards
on the parallel port.  So, the program doesn't blindly run, it checks for the
existance of all of the boards.  Do you have a digital I/O board?

Sneakernet is a REAL pain, especially with the unreliability of 3.5" floppies.
You ought to get a twisted pair network going.  I have 8 nodes in my network
now!