Re: need help compiling EMC

Hi Jon

If a fatal compiler error occurs, the rest of the Makefile is not run. The
realtime and non-realtime Makefiles are usually called by a shell script, so
even if the non-rt fails, the rt side is attempted. Log the output from the
compile (I use ./compile 2>&1 | tee err.log), and see what leads up to the
fatal error(s).

As far as the problem with loading your module is concerned, I suspect you
are attempting to reference a pointer before it as initialized. Judicious use
of rtl_printf will help unless you want to get involved in setting up kdbg.
The ksymoops utility (found in the kernel-utils package) may also help in
locating the source of the error.

Regards, Paul.