Re: Jog wheel

On Thursday 30 May 2002 02:33 pm, PKF wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This jog wheel discussion reminded me of something I've been wondering
> about for some time.  I'd love to have a "machine controller" that looks
> like this:

You just got me thinking.  I think there might be an easy way to use the
typical gameport joystick as a jog control for EMC.

Write a program that reads the joystick driver and send NML jog commands
to EMC.   You could then use the joystick for XY and then use the two buttons
for Z motion.  You could even alter jog speed as the joystick XY values
change.

The only pain is that you also have to run a joystick calibration before use.