Re: new

AJ

Welcome

Will you need a line follower like you have with the existing table or can
your shapes all be done with cad or hand written g-code?

I have the rough makings of a shape selection Tcl/Tk script for EMC.  It
works a bit like the Linde systems that are popular around the US.  Select
a shape, enter dimensions, orient, repeat and it creates the g-code to
produce the parts.  Burn through can easily be handled with a dwell.

There is a user that built one of these tables that needed instant on for
his cutting device.  The EMC code was hacked to provide this signal through
the parallel port.  If you do not need instant on, you can easily use the
spindle on signal or one of the coolant signals.

Hope this helps

Ray