stepper version

Fred,

You said that you have a stepper version built into EMC that uses the
parallel port.  Do you have any docs that describe it?  On the website,
there is a very good description of the servo system, but nothing about the
stepper version.  Does it use encoders? Open loop? Limit switches? Home
switches? I'm sorry to be so repetitive, but I would like to know something
about it before I attempt to install Linux (again).
I would be interested in the archive version of the EMC list, so that I
might not bother you with things that you have probably answered over and
over before.

Thanks,
Dan