Re: Stewart platform kinematics (genhexkins)

Hallo Andy!
What you talked about is referred to as Inverse influence in SIEMENS jargon.
When using spherical joints or specially designed kardanic joints you do not
have this effect. I have never written a kinematic transformation that
handles this, but i think it is not too difficult. The kinematics
transformations of emc have not been looked at for a longer time, while the
call to the function has changed. I recently implemented kinematic
transformations for my 2 machines
http://www.isw.uni-stuttgart.de/personen/t_franit/primodell/index.html and i
found i had to change the names of the variables in respect to older
versions. This is because emc supports 5axis-milling now.
Emc does the forward trafo quite often. This is very time consuming so you
might want to comment it out. EMC always displays the position in cartesian
coordinates that are calculated from the actual position values of the
motors. It would be easy to comment this out and just use the commanded
position for display. It is done like that on real machines that i know. On
my real-world machine ( linapod 3 on www.dynamil.de) the forward kins are
only calculated once when the motors are turned on. After that the control
just sends commanded values to the motor controllers and assumes the
controllers keep them to display precision.
for the callinc conventions of kins just look at trivkins.
Do you want me to send a sample of my trafo?
Till

--
Dipl.-Ing. Till Franitza
Institute for Control Engineering of Machine Tools and

phone: ++49 (0)711 22 99 2-28
fax:   ++49 (0)711 22 99 2-22
email: till.franitza-at-isw.uni-stuttgart.de
web:   www.isw.uni-stuttgart.de