Re: Questions on logging

On Sun, 2002-03-31 at 21:24, Dean L. Hedin wrote:

> Where are some good docs regarding the logging feature?
>
> I would like to use emc in manual mode to move the tool around and
> then hit a key to log the current coordinate to a file.     Is this possible?
>
> Any help appreciated.

The logging feature really isn't intended for that sort of thing. It is
intended to capture much higher frequency samples useful for
tuning a servo system or debugging the controller.

You could probably add this to the tcl gui without a lot of work.
It always knows what the current position is and there are already
several examples in the code where hotkeys are handled.

-- Will