Re: Stg/Emc Jogging problem

> I don't agree with you on that. I've done alot of game programming (just
> imagine a jump&run, left/right is move, up is jump, down is duck and
> space is fire, all potentially pressed at the same time), and this
> doesn't happen in any game I know. I agree, that there are combinations
> of keys, where some keys don't get recognized or get released too early,
> but I have _never_ seen any release key code not sent properly.
>
> My guess is, that some events are recorded in the wrong order (by Linux,
> or by EMC), or that events are skipped.
>
> It may be the case that using another keyboard helps (they all usually
> use some slightly different row/column encoding), but this is unlikely.

Keep in mind that the interface is written in tcl/tk script.   There may not
be an easy way in tcl/tk to capture the keyboard scan codes as you discuss.
If you know how then take a shot at it.

I am going to handle the issue by connecting an amusement style joystick to
the keyboard arrow keys.   This joystick only allows one switch  to close at
a time.  I will then mount this joystick right on the machine.   You can get
these joysticks from Wico and others.  Make sure you get the "4-way" type
and not the "8-way type".