Re: Thank you: Problem with resolution 72..???

Antonio

You are very welcome.  Glad that it was that easy to solve.  I missed
your message for a bit because I don't read html in mail.

Steppermod and freqmod will not produce the same rates.  Steppermod can
put out pulses at a much higher rate because it simply bins all of the
pulses and sends them at the start of a motion loop.  Freqmod on the
other hand attempts us build a rate generator and that is much more
dependent upon the horsepower of your PC.  Freqmod makes a smoother pulse
train but can't do it nearly as quickly as can steppermod.

If this is a persistent problem for you, you might consider an outboard
rate generator.  Jon Elson is showing one of these at NAMES in a month in
Detroit.  I could send pics after that.

Ray