Re: EMC/STG II homing problem

Hi Kurtis

I have BDI 2.11 which does not seem to have the source and
header files for newstgmod.o on it. I searched but did not find it. I am
kind of stuck until I get them. I may look in source forge tonight.

I think Paul is working on this for the next release to come very soon. His
last word on compiling was as follows:

"The script at linuxcnc.org is just for the 2.04 version. Basically, it
rebuilds the kernel and rtlinux headers followed by a full compile of the
EMC
sources. I rebuilt the kernel packages correctly for subsequent releases, so
all that needs to be done now is a simple two step process - (As root)

cd /usr/local
./compile
"

Today I spent most of the day mapping ballscrew errors.
I peviously did not have an error correction table as EMC
has. I also mapped the differential error between the twin
x- axis screws. I have a rotating nut/corrector cam on the slave ballscrew.
They are driven by a jackshaft and low backlash spiral bevel gear
transmissions. Mapping is very
slow and painstaking- one really has to monitor temperatures
very closely.

Well for a little while I have to home by driving the axes
into a hard stop with an .ini file with reduced p gain (or
manually) , turning EMC off, and restarting so it wakes
up with EMC zeroing out on that position. It's not fun.
Makes me want to not turn the machine off.

Hey- I wonder what would happen if I hooked up the encoder
battery backup supplied on the STG? (I would also have to battery back up
encoder power as well)

Les

Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture