Stepper controllers

Well, now that I have been dry running EMC on my system for about 2 months.
Just using some type 17 steppers salvaged from a old printer. EMC seems to be
quite stable. The steppers were just sitting on the bench.

After much hunting, I have managed to get hold of some sizeable steppers for
my mill. Frame 34 -at- 1000+ oz/in. We still don't know how much torque they
produce, as the label stated 120 oz/in, and we have already tested them to
680 oz/in on the L298 circuit -at- 2A.

My problem is, that now having the steppers, I can't seem to locate any
suitable drivers for them.

I have done the L298, L297 thing, but they just don't deliver enough for the
job.

If anyone has any information, diagrams, drawings etc that they don't mind
parting with, I would love to hear from you.

The steppers I have require a minimum of 4A, but operationally they require
6-7A. I have the power supply, or at least a power supply that delivers 44VDC
-at- 20A (unregulated).

Many thanks in advance

Fred Zinsli

Disclaimer:
The content and attachment/s of this message have passed our virus scanning process. Whilst we believe this message to be safe, we encourage the use of your own preventative measures.

The information contained in this E-mail is CONFIDENTIAL and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, intended only for the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message and attachments in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message. You are also notified that the views expressed in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of the company.