RE: How does this stepper speed sound???

A couple of questions back -
WHat kind of linkage do you have - Acme threads, small ball screws??? and
the diameter of them.

How heavy are the slides?

What kind of accel values are you using?

You are probably working with the limits of you drives - higher speeds
probably require servos instaed of steppers.

Pete