Another Question...

I have EMC and slackware behaving itself pretty well at home now. Steppermod
doesn't want to load but I am working on getting the sources loaded so I can
play around with fixing problems there. I can install on my home machine
from a 126Mb zip file. (that one is behaving, SiS all in one motherboard
with 256Mb ram, K6-2 400)

My laptop at work has a problem though - I can load Brians 3 files
(rt-modules.tgz, rt-kernel.tgz, & emc-bin.tgz) and run X after the install
(and exit X) but when I try to run sim.run (or rtsim.run) I get the
following -

The Current real-time platform appears to be rtlinux_ but no directory
exists for the platform.
either install EMC for the platform or create a symbolic link to an existing
platform.

(and when I try to exit X the screen slowly fades to white and I have to
pull the plug to reboot - and if I try to run X it complains about one or
more of the lock files...)

In .../emc/plat the links appear to exist.

Pete