Slack install results -

Brian -

Installed the 3 tarballs and when I try to run I get the following -

/usr/local/nist/emc
Current platform is linux_2_2_19
Current real-time platform is rtlinux_3_1
inivar = plat/linux_2_2_19/bin/inivar
INIFILE = rtsim.ini
RS274NGC_PARAMFILE = sim.var
starting emc...
Removing module simmod
????? Why does it do this?
/sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/2.2.19-rtl/misc/rtl.o
/sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/2.2.19-rtl/misc/mbuff.o
/sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/2.2.19-rtl/misc/rtl_time.o
/sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/2.2.19-rtl/misc/rtl_sched.o
/sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/2.2.19-rtl/misc/rtl_posixio.o
/sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/2.2.19-rtl/misc/rtl_fifo.o
????? When it looks like it wants it here?
starting EMC MOTION PROGRAM -- simmod.o...Warning:
plat/rtlinux_3_1/lib/simmod.o symbol for parameter STG_BASE_ADDRESS not
found
Running inisim to send INIFILE simulation parameters to the real-time
simulator.
done
starting EMC IO PROGRAM --  simio...done
simDioInit(rtsim.ini)
shmem.cc 496: Shared memory buffers lubeSts and  may conflict.
(key=1013(0x3F5))
shmem.cc 496: Shared memory buffers lubeCmd and  may conflict.
(key=1012(0x3F4))
starting EMC TASK PROGRAM -- bridgeporttask...done
starting EMC SERVER PROGRAM -- emcsvr...done
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
running EMC DISPLAY PROGRAM -- tkemc...
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
bad return value from emcTrajSetCycleTime
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
bad return value from emcTrajSetCycleTime
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
emcsh.cc 5642: can't connect to emc
bad return value from emcTrajSetCycleTime
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
Removing module simmod
rtsim.ini was not changed.
sim.var was not changed.
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
Removing shared memory  1036
resource(s) deleted
Removing semaphore 779
resource(s) deleted
Removing shared memory  1037
resource(s) deleted
iniaxis.cc 466: bad return from emcAxisSetGains
Removing semaphore 780
resource(s) deleted
bad return value from emcTrajSetCycleTime
Removing shared memory  1035
resource(s) deleted
Removing semaphore 778
resource(s) deleted
Removing shared memory  1034
resource(s) deleted
Removing kernel module rtl_fifo
Removing kernel module rtl_posixio
Removing kernel module rtl_sched
Removing kernel module rtl_time
Removing kernel module mbuff
Removing kernel module rtl

I Got about the same results when I ran the version I had installed myself a
couple weeks ago.

When I run run the rtl.config in /usr/rtlinux/bin I get the following -

ERROR:
  The parse file:
          /usr/include/rtlinux/rtl.config
  was not found.

  Is RTLinux installed?

Does there need to be a link in /usr/include... to that file?

By the way - I deleted my previous slackware install and started from
scratch (got my network and usb stuff working) and installed tcsh, ncurses,
X11 (and configured it) and the tcl files and then the 3 tarballs you made
available and did it in less than an hour and a half.

Pete