Steppers getting signal, but not turning

Hello All,

I've been trying to get a couple of stepping motors to turn with EMC and I
think I am real close, but need a little direction.

Currently I am running Redhat 6.2 with EMC 1.1-17 from src.  EMC works fine
in the sim mode, but when I try to turn my steppers I can only feel the
pulse go to the motors.  The pulses do correspond with the g-code that is
run by emc, but it seems there is a configuration or power issue.

I have build a controller from a kit and used the DOS software that came
with it to run the motors and they work fine under it, however the software
is very limited.

I am only working with two motors at the moment that I got off a printer.
They 12v under 1 amp each and 48 steps, my power supply is  12V 2AM
regulated.  I know the PS should be bigger, but my funds are short and my
only goal at this moment is to get the motors to turn is synch with EMC.  I
want to give a demo to a neighbor and if he likes it, he will fund the
upgrade in equipment.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction to get these things to
move and I also hope it's something simple like a configuration in the .ini
file.

Thanks very much in advance, Antonio Dupont