RE: Probing update.

I am not a linux guru by any means.  I just had some trouble getting the
network card up myself.  If the modules are there for the network card,
insmod xxx.o should load the module into the kernel. Then I seem to remember
issuing a ifup eth0 to bring up the card.  If you want to discuss this some
more with me I would try to help you get the network up.

also the command ifconfig should list eth0 beside "lo" the loopback
interface.

ifconfig -all or /all can't recall windows and linux gets mixed for me.

even before you try to set any ip the card should show under the ifconfig
command.

if not the module is not activated the card.

the bdi I loaded did not like to load my card either.  My card was not
supported by the build of the kernel included with bdi.  It uses the tulip.o
module but a newer version than what bdi has.

it is probably possible to build a newer one on the bdi.

Has this card ever worked on this system under the bdi for you??  i should
have been asking that first i guess.

Mike