RE: seperate velocity and accel settings per axis?

I think that the accel in the motion control software wants to have the accel for the machine - Depending on how the servos were sized the accel limits for both axis might quite close anyway. You need the Y axis to behave like the X axis or otherwise you will get funny motion as the speeds increase. Accell determines how the machine will react when starting a move as well as when cutting radius's (radii). If the accel value is to high you may not be able to stay on path as travel speeds increase - if the accel is set to high the X axis lag will cause problems on dual axis motions - too much lag.
Am I missing something or is it not a possibility? I have a 3 axis gantry router with a 14' gantry,
obviously, the acceleration rate for the x axis is quite a bit slower than the y or z axes. any ideas?

erie patsellis
Shelbyville Design & Signworks
1309 W. S. 7th Street
Shelbyville, IL 62565