Re: Home with servos

Hello Kurtis,

> Does the home sequence work with your setup? ie. Hit home switch, reverse
> direction until index pulse, move at 2 times speed to home offset.
Yes it does.
Home switch, reverse direction, index pulse, 2 times speed to home, and back
the sxis offset.

> If so do you think there might be a jumper setting on my stg board that
> needs to be corrected?
I am not aware of a jumper on the STG board that affects the index pulse, but
correct my if I am wrong.
I just tried to open the stg2 hardman.doc word documentation file with
staroffice, but it does not work :-(
Please contact Don McLane about this to be sure. Or download it yourself at
www.servotogo.com

> I changed the cycle time to 0.0005 and even 0.00025.  I had to adjust the
> TASK and TRAJ cycle times to 0.005 before my pc wouldn't lock up, but this
> didn't seem to make a difference for me.  The cpu is 266 MHz.
CPU AMD K6-2 300 MHz here.

> There is something very simple here that I am overlooking or that I have
> inadvertantly corrupted.
Try to decrease homing velocity, I the index pulse found under slower speeds ?
Have you tried to debug with the diagonstics macro ?
Can you see the index pulse when you connect to the index port/wire with on
osziloscope ?

Regards
Max

--
Max Heise <max.heise-at-gmx.net>
Student Mechatronik/Automatisierungstechnik FHT Esslingen