Re: Cycle times and Period

On Monday 21 January 2002 11:37 am, Kurtis wrote:
> Is the PERIOD = <value>, used when I'm using a stg card for servo control?

No.  Some even say comment it out.

> Is there a way to best decide in advance how to set the cycle times in my
> INI file for display, task, motion, I/O without resorting to the trial and
> error method?

I'd use default for everything but display because the cycle times that are
in there work well for most servo motion.

I'd set cycle time in the display to 0.1 instead of 0.2 as shipped.  This
reduces the lag for jogs and such.  If you have a fast enough pc, you could
even set that to 0.05 or so to get even better response.

Hope this helps.