Re: Newbie question -

Thanks Brian -

I went and tried it on my own and got rtlinux working - doesn't seem to like
something with the usb-uhci module. Disabled it in the rc.modules ans that
problem went away. Maybe need to doo most everything in the kernel and
compile time - Still have a problem with my network card.  Everything else
seems to be OK - forgot to select yes for the msdos filesystems for the
first compile but after I did it worked after the next compile.

Now for a question - How do I test it to see that it really works? I ran
make test in the hello dir and then ran /usr/rtlinux/bun/rtlinux start hello
and then hello showed up in the list on rt modules.

I used the RTLinux installation instructions and tried to read between the
lines. That document was dated april 20, 2001 and references 2.2.17 but has
the patch for 2.2.19.

Now for the files to install EMC.

Any suggestions as to what files I need and such.

It still looks like I might be able to have a full Slackware install with
X11 running with the umsdos file system and all and still put it on a CD
that can just be copied into a \linux directory on a hard drive and then run
loadlin froma DOS prompt and have the system running. Right now with X and
RTlinux installed I am only 206 Meg.

Pete Cook
(hope I don't sound too excited...)

From: "Brian Pitt" <bfp-at-earthlink.net>