Re: Updating the BDI2.04

Hi Jack

When I first built the RPMs for the BDI-2.04, I used a quick and dirty
method. As my understanding of rpm grew, I cleaned up and improved the build.
In the process, I have inadvertently broken some of the dependencies from the
original CD. The packages will still install on a 2.04, but you will need to
use the -force flag

rpm --upgrade --nodeps --force emc-rtl3_0-2_10_i586.rpm
or
rpm -Uh --nodeps --force emc-rtl3_0-2_10_i586.rpm

These two command options would be preferable to using the -i flag which is
used for installing a package. -U is for upgrading a previously installed
package.

When you do an upgrade, rpm should treat the .ini files as configs and not
overwrite them. Doing an install, any existing configs would be backed up
before the new ones are installed.

Although I have been playing with linux for three years now, I still find
many things daunting.

Regards, Paul.