Re: Newbie question about homing and coordinates and CAM

SNIP

> How to I set the machine coordinates for a piece to be machined?  Or, do I
> need to adjust my practices now and generate tool paths with the new home
> position in mind?

SNIP

Barry

Easy, bring the Z axis down until the tool is at the point you want
to be zero and right click on the Z axis readout. a message box
will pop up and you can put in any value you wish to set the axis to.
Or another way to do the same thing is to goto MDI mode and type
G92 Z0.

Not sure what version of EMC you are using but there is a bug
in some versions that will require you to rehome your axis' after
you finish running the part and reentering the offset. Look back in
emc archives about a month or two and this was discussed.
http://www.itl.nist.gov/div896/emaildir/emc/maillist.html Look for
messages relating to offsets. It's really an anoying bug if you want
to do more than one part. Not sure what the progress is on the
repair of it is.

Bill