RE: Help with new error - it went away???

Sorry, false alarm.  I (soft) restarted linux and the problem went away.
Unlike Windoze, I am so used to never rebooting a linux box that the idea of
having to do so rarely occurs to me.  My old 486DX50 linux firewall and web
server ran headless with over a year's worth of uptime logged before I
replaced it with an upgraded box.

I am still curious as to what may have been happening.

Regards,

Barry