Re: Threading on a lathe with EMC

Ethan

You sparked a good discussion of this on CAD_CAM....   I'll see if I can
summarize and put up a page on the handbook.   Unless someone would be
willing. <hint>

I ran some experiments here with threading using the spindle as a rotary
(C) axis a while back.  It worked but not great.  The g-code was a
nightmare because everything had to be run at feedrate in relation to the
spindle rotation.  Lately, I've had a problem with even getting rotary
axes to run very fast.

Seems like I proposed the need for a rotary axis defintion in addition to
the angular one.

Ray