STG v2 card - Index pulses?

I recently swapped out a 4 axis STG v1 card and put in an 8 axis v2
card. Everything works OK, but I can't seem to detect the index pulse
(on any axis 0-3) during homing. After an axis hits its home switch it
reverses looking for the index pulse but never sees it:

1. I switched from stgmod.o to stg2mod.o, but it makes no difference.

2. I can't use stg_v2_8axis_mod.o because it complains,
"stg_v2_8axis_mod.o: symbol PARPORT_IO_ADDRESS not found".

3. Using the index latch demo (x) in the lstg program supplied by STG
(Thanks!) I can see the index pulse get latched when I rotate the
encoder by hand, so I think the problem is somewhere inside stg2mod.o.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Matt