Re: Installing BDI / Win2k

Hi Markus

In answer to Q.1. Unless you have done dual installs before, it is likely
that you could end up wiping the Windows partition.

For Q.2. The problem is not one of being able to handle large disks - I have
both a 20G and 30G drive with BDI on and still using an old P166 motherboard.
LILO is the problem, until recently, it could only boot the kernel from the
lower 1024 cylinders. This would not normally be a problem if linux was the
only OS installed or before any others.

Considering the cost of hard drives at the moment, I would recommend
disconnecting the windows drive and plugging in a new one specifically for
linux/BDI.
Once you have installed the BDI, configure the Windows drive as a slave and
reconnect it. The lilo config file will have to be edited, but once this is
done, you will be able to boot both operating systems.

Regards, Paul.