RE: Z axis Offsets

Ray,

I ran it a bunch more today with xemc. Far from bug free and actually much
more annoying and frustrating to use than the old build that I used on
RedHat 5.2

The jog problem is in any jog mode and is intermittent. It seems to crop up
when you switch between continuous and the various increments. I can make a
number of switches and it will keep working and then make a switch and get
no movement. I then switch the value a few times or do a home or offset and
then it will work again.

Also found that the handling of offsets is not as solid as I first though in
xemc. I truthfully wonder how anyone is doing any real machining with the
current builds? It just can't seem to keep straight what mode it is in and I
feel very luck to not have ruined a part or broken a tool when it would be
displaying something like X1.5 and I enter a X1 and the machine moves way
more than .5 inch because it decided I wanted to be a X1 absolute, not
relative to the offset that is displaying.

Maybe I am just confused how I should be using EMC now. I never had this
problem with the older builds for the RH 5.2. Can anyone give me some advise
how to actually use the current build for really making parts before I nuke
the install and just go back to a stable version?

Tim
[Denver, CO]