Re: galil

On Friday 28 September 2001 16:21, David wrote:
> Hello all!  Just got emc up and running (um... again), anyhow, have a
> question:  I am seeing a galil motion controller on ebay (isa type) and
> was wondering if anyone has had luck making this work under emc? (all
> i've seen is 'servo-to-go' support)
> thanks---David L.

It seems to me that some of the initial testing of the EMC was with the
Galil motion card???

These kinds of cards do much of their own motion processing as a hard
wired thing.  I believe that you need to read a config file and send that
info to the card as a part of setup.  This is a very different animal than
the STG which is designed to make stuff like I/O and encoder position
available to the PC itself.

HTH but probably not much.