From: mattking-at-knology.net [mattking-at-knology.net]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 9:19 AM
To: emc-at-nist.gov
Subject: EMC crashes

I am very much a EMC newbie, as well as a Linux newbie. What does one do
when the system crashes and there's no choice but to cold boot it? I get all
sorts of error messages (Aiee and such) and the machine won't boot.

I've reloaded the system from the BDI disc once and would rather not do it
again, if I can help it - there's gotta be an easier way!

Thanks any help,

Matt King
Columbus, GA