Re: EMC Control Panel

On Sat, 08 Sep 2001, William wrote:
> Wow, That looks great Ray, Do the controls disappear when
> they are not needed? ie: when in auto mode do the jog buttons
> go away? If so, thats really cool.

That's it.  And the settings window shows start stuff and the radiobuttons
that were along the right edge of the tkemc screen.

>How hard do you think it would
> be to stick a scroll bar on the program window? Just a thought.

In auto mode, the program window is little more than a decoration that
gives a bit of operator information.  There is a rather wimpy widget
command, ($textwin see "index") that is used to show the line that is
highlighted.  This see command would fight with a scroll widget unless we
could figure out a way to apply the scroll value to offset see's position
rather than simply sliding through the text widget.  Keep thinking!

> I just won a training course (book and multimedia CD) on TclTk
> from ebay today, so I can help out a little if I can figure it out
> once I get it. In the mean time thanks for all of the great work
> you guys are putting into making EMC a really nice controller.

Great.  The EMC needs all the help it can get.