Re: EMC Control Panel

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Bill wrote:
> Photo at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO/files/emcpanel.jpg
>
> Started work on a control panel for EMC. Got the display working
> and am waiting for the keyboard emulator from Hagstrom Electronics.
<s>
>I also need to modify
> the TkEmc file to better fit into a 640X480 display. I don't need
> the Spindle control, or coolant. I think I can arrange it a little
> differently and make it fit better, once I learn Tk and Tcl. Lots
> more work to do before it's really functional.

Bill

Nice work!  I've been working on a library of emc's processes and uploaded
the start of it to sourceforge earlier this week.  I have a running version
that is supposed to be size selectable at the push of a button but it isn't
great yet -- just a hint at what could be done.  I've also sorted out the
mode stuff and only show what is needed for the active mode.  I'll make a
self installing tar and put a copy on the dropbox at linuxcnc.org
late tonight. (U.S. Central time)

BTW - I bound the (f) key to feedhold.  This may conflict with your
thoughts here.  With it in auto mode you can set feedrate with the number
keys and then toggle between that feedrate and feedhold using the f key.

Happy to work with you on more tickle (Tcl/Tk) for your device.

HTH