Re: g18

Ray,

I may be showing my age here but M30 used to be end of program / rewind tape.  The resetting of the parameters you mentioned at the end of a program
was standard practice. If you write enough programs for a specific machine and control setup those first few lines just become habit.  Those habits
that you develop also help avoid surprises and crashes when making parts using MDI rather than writing a program to just to mill a slot and drill a
couple of holes.

Dale