Re: Need TkEmc Help

----- Original Message -----
From: "George & Linda" <lbrandau-at-intrnet.net>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <emc-at-nist.gov>

> Every time I reopen
> the TkEmc icon I have to push the reset button, because the controller is
in
> G21. Where can I change this to correct this problem?

You will have to use the reset until you get a newer Tkemc - This is fixed
in the newer version.

>    I just noticed that on the Y and Z axis, that the readout is going in
the
> wrong direction. I mean that when I push the positive button, the readout
> counts in the negative direction and visa versa.

> [AXIS_0]
> INPUT_SCALE =                   8000   0
> OUTPUT_SCALE = 8000.0000 0.0000
Change these to -8000,0 to reverse the motors.

> This is a Pentium III
> 733 computer, using stepper motors. Any tune-up tips on the below .ini
file
> are welcomed.

> [DISPLAY]
> ; Cycle time, in seconds, that display will sleep between polls
> CYCLE_TIME =            0.200
Change this to .100 to improve the accuracy of the backplotter

> ; Base task period, in seconds
>  PERIOD =                0.000167
DEFINATELY decrease this. I have mine at .000016 (note extra zero) on a
400mhz K6.  You should be able to get even smaller.  Decrease until the
machine gets lathargic or locks up - then increase a bit.

> DEADBAND = 0.005
Too much. This should be slightly more than 1/2 step to prevent the motors
from toggling back and forth while setting still.  At 8000 steps/in 1/2 step
is .0000625 I would try .0001

Good luck..
Joel