Re: Floppy Drive failed to install

> After installing BDI the floppy drive failed to install. I keep getting
>                             could not mount
>                mount: can't find /dev/fd0 in/etc/fstab or/etc/mtab
> How can I fix this

George,

I don't have the BDI install, but in most linux systems I've worked on
the floppy drive isn't automatic.  Rather you have to type

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

Assuming you have a dos format floppy in it (linux native floppies are
rather rare) and you want to put it on a mount point called /mnt

Before you remove the floppy, make sure you are in a different
directory then issue a sync command (perhaps twice) to make sure all
writes have actually occured and then unmount /mnt (unmount /dev/fd0
may be more formal, but the other has always worked for me).

It's possible the BDI install has some fancier tools... but the above
should work for you.

Chris

--
Christopher C. Stratton, stratton-at-mdc.net
Instrument Maker, Horn Player & Engineer