Re: Home switch oddities

Don't know if there is any correlation, but I noticed similar oddities with the STG2_8 board.  I didn't have limit switches hooked up, so I would set them to "0" in the .ini file.  Then, mysteriously, I would get a limit fault, so I would go back into the .ini file and change it to "1."  That would work for a while, until I would get a mysterious fault again.  When I ran the STG diagnostic, the I/O test would show some open and some closed, even if nothing was connected.  I would then re-boot and run the diagnostic and it would be fine!?  But, when I ran EMC, saw the same behavior and ran the diagnostic, I would see some open and some closed again.  It was weird.  I kinda wondered if it was my 'puter and aged ISA slots?  My suggestion is, when you see the behavior, run the STG I/O diagnostic and see if it is showing some open and some closed.
-John