Home switch oddities

Hello List,
   We have just installed BDI EMC. Everything went well. However we are
still experiencing the same problem we had with other installs.
   When we set the home switch polarities so that emc thinks its setting on
the home switch when we home we don't get the green letters.
   We are using a servo to go board 8 axis. If we set the the address so
that it is different from what the servo to go board is. So that emc can't
recognize it, we do get the green letters.
  There no wires plugged into the board while making the test and we also
tried changing the home polarities.
                                          Thanks,
                                              Joe & Jason