RE: Installing networking after BDI install.

Hi Tim

You need to open a console and enter the following commands :

su
mkdir /mnt/disk
mount -t vfat /dev/hdb1 /mnt/disk

An explanation to help the newbies -

su  - Assumes you have logged in as a user rather than root. This just allows
you to execute commands as the root user.

mkdir /mnt/disk  - This creates a directory or mount point for your new drive
and only needs to be executed once.

mount -t vfat /dev/hdb1 /mnt/disk  - Put the primary partition of the second
drive in the directory /mnt/disk and read it as a vfat file system.

Further information on the mount command can be found by typing:

man mount

And to unmount the disk again just type the following :

umount /mnt/disk

The terminology for the drives and partitions can be a little confusing for the
first time linux user. Unlike Windows or DOS, there is no such thing as A: C:
or D:. All the drives are 'mounted' in the drectory tree, and with a few
exceptions, can be called anything and placed where ever you want them.

Tim - If you have now created and formatted your new partition on the first HD,
you'll need to know it's number.

fdisk -l /dev/hda

Will give you a list of available partitions and types.

mount

Will inform you which of these are currently mounted - So now you can run
through the steps above. If you want to want the partition mounted
automatically each time you boot linux, a line needs to be added to /etc/fstab.
Assume hda3 is the FAT partition, the /etc/fstab would read something like:

/dev/hda3  /mnt/disk  vfat  defaults  0  0

HTH
regards, Paul.