Re: emc modules

JohnDRoc-at-aol.com wrote:

> It's been a while since I did anything with EMC, besides compile it (try to anyway).  I've got a BDI on the way, from Ray, however, I recall a few months ago a discussion about tkemc degrading or slowing down over a period of time.  Seeing that xemc worked and tkemc did not, is it possible this is related?
>  >>

John,
The CDrom is not the only thing that is BD. I realized later that the sliders for speed were down from the max and that moving them back to the right fixed the problem. This is a real problem for the inexperienced user but in a nice feature once you know it is there since you can adjust your speed to optimize
it while moving.

I spoke too soon about xemc being solid. I need to do some more testing but it "appears" that xemc will freeze if one edits a program from within xemc and maybe even in another shell using vi. Must test this some more to see if it is repeatable.

I managed to put a few hours on xemc using manual and mdi modes without it freezing. Within 10 minutes of starting auto mode and editing it froze up; i.e both the mouse and the keyboard are unavailable.

Will post later when I know more.

Dave