Re: 3 axis controller

John, you are right about the STG board, at around $800US. Or
you could use pulse driven servo amps to run the servo's. I believe
EMC has built in PLC type control for accessories. I am not
familar with the Mektronix product, I just browsed by thier website
for prices.EMC doc's are not the greatest, but there are fellows that
have more info pertaining to your questions, and it will be just a
matter of time till they answer your post.

Steve