Re: Kernel 2.4

Hi Malte

I've run through an rtlinux and EMC build with both the 2.4.1 and the 2.4.2
kernels. If you get the kernel sources from a virgin source such as
www.kernel.org and use the latest rtl-3.0 patch from www.rtlinux.org there is
only one problem that I'm aware of.
There is an error in the rtlinux-3.0 makefile dated 3rd Feb - It will generate
a fatal error and none of the rt modules will be compiled. If you can't find a
later rtlinux release or a patch for the makefile - Drop me a line, and I'll
dig out the patch.

One tip - Edit the Makefile in the linux directory and set
 EXTRAVERSION = -rtl3.0

If you are planning to use RH 7.x you will also need to edit line 18
HOSTCC = kgcc

Regards, Paul.