Re: know your limits

Ian,

I had the same question about this when I first hooked up my home switches

When you home in EMC each axis is homed separately, and yes, you must
either use the offset function or move that axis off the switch to home any
other
axis. I believe you can also use one of the limit switches as a home switch
although I have not done this.

Once an axis is homed, then the software limits work well. Suppose you
set up an axis with 10" of total travel, with zero at one end of that
travel.
 If you now move to 5" and set that point to zero you will be able to move
-5" to +5". It will not let you move to +6"

Bill