TKemc

Hi everyone,

Well with a little help from WIll S. and others I now have a running EMC
system.  I am running a Pentium 133 laptop with docking station, two
parallel ports and an available slot for the Kaluga/Mauch DRO card for
my CNC control machine.  General performance seems to be adequate for
control of my CNC Sherline 5400 mill and the table top bridge mill I am
building.

System configuration is as follows:

Pentium 133 Laptop
48MB Ram
1.3 GB hard drive
Floppy Drive
Type 2 PCMCIA slot
Docking Station with:
    two parallel ports
    Ethernet
    Slot for DRO card
    SCSI host adapter
    2.0 GB SCSI drive
    Type 2 PCMCIA slots

RedHat 6.2
  2.2.14 Kernel
  rtlinux-2.2
  EMC 1.1-17 binaries.

Camtronics 5AMP controllers (3)

I am experiencing a couple of problems.

1.  TKemc works fine when running sim.run but is impossible to use when
running emc.run.  Mouse movement is so slow you really can't do any
thing productive.  Xemc is works ok, mouse is a little slow but useable

2.  Freqmod locks up the entire system, requiring power off reset.

John Guenther