January release - homing BUG

Or maybe I don't have it configured right yet ;)

I just got my Mill/Drill /w steppers upgraded to the latest software - I had
been running last march's release with rt2.0.  Thanks for your help Ray!

One of the biggest reasons for the upgrade was that the old software
wouldn't home right - it would go to the switch then back off Homing_Offset
and then slowly step in the same direction very slowly for 15 seconds or so
then stop with a sort of spastic jerk.  Only one axis (X) behaved this way.

With the new software all three axis home fine - they hit the switch, back
off and stop.  The problem is the first move after the home.  The motors
jerk badly and if it's a G0 move they will loose step.  It seems like the
acceleration profile is not being honered.  It has something to do with the
backlash setting, my X is .013 and the Y is .008 and those two axis have
this behavior.  My Z has no backlash and works fine.  It does this even if
the first move is in the same direction as homing_offset - I would have
thought the backlash would already be taken out when it hit the switch and
reversed.

Another observation - I home the X axis then go to MDI and set the feedrate
way down to F1 then G1X.05 - the accel profile is very slow and it stops
before it gets to .05 and then steps v e r y  s  l  o  w  l  y and finally
stops at X.05.

After the first move after the home everything's fine on all axis.  As it
is, it's usable as long as I make a slow manual move first.  It's just a bit
of a pain.  Any help would be appreciated - let me know if you need any
other info and thanks a bunch for making this program!

Joel

Some particulars on my system:
linux 2.2 14 rtl2.2
January RPM release of EMC